Bylaw enforcement in Vanderhoof is carried out by the Bylaw Enforcement Officer. To make a complaint to the Bylaw Enforcement Officer about a bylaw infraction you have witnessed please click the link below.
If you have a residential or commercial property and are planning to build, renovate or demolish dwellings on said property, you will require a building permit from the District prior to commencement.
Permits are required for:
- New residential construction (including single-family, duplex and seasonal dwellings – does not include pre-manufactured homes or apartments)
- Pre-manufactured homes (mobiles, modular)
- Residential accessory buildings (shops, garages, storage structures)
- Wood burning appliances (wood stoves and furnaces, pellet stoves and furnaces, new chimney installations)
- Installation of new signage on a commercial building or on the street
Upon receiving your building permit application, the District staff will review and advise you on next steps to receive your permit.
Building Permit Application Form