The application deadline for grant-in-aid applications is October 31 for consideration by Council at the November 21 meeting. A grant review and grading process will be applied to all applications to determine eligibility and ranking of key criteria and objectives in the policy before being presented to Council for consideration. The policy is aimed at better facilitating the decision-making process, decreasing dependence on District of Vanderhoof funding, providing a fair and equitable means of providing grants in aid and promoting volunteerism.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Application deadline is October 31st
- There is only one intake annually; for example, if you are requesting funding for an event in 2023, you must apply for funding by October 31 of 2022
- All in-kind requests must follow the grant-in-aid policy/application
- The District will not substantially fund any undertaking
- The policy sets a limit on the amount and number of grants each organization can apply for
- Post-project reporting is required