Arena Safety Plan
As the Vanderhoof Arena begins its 2021 operations, The District of Vanderhoof has developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan for the Vanderhoof Arena in accordance with the standards set by the Provincial Health Office (PHO), the Ministry of Health, the Province of BC, and WorkSafeBC.
This Safety Plan forms the framework for employees, user groups, and patrons as the District adapts operations to resume ice activity within the Vanderhoof Arena during the COVID – 19 pandemic.
With combined efforts, cooperation, and a sense of duty, we can work together to minimize the risks to our employees, user groups, and our community.
REVISED COVID 19 SAFETY PLAN FOR ARENA
New NH Orders that affect the District of Vanderhoof Arena are as followed:
- Indoor events – Have a safety plan (The District of Vanderhoof has a Covid -19 safety plan) Please find attached and follow the protocols that have been provided.
- Sporting events with spectators, indoor & outdoor – have a plan.
Currently in step 3 of BC restart plan and still in place.
In the restart step 3 of BC and current PHO order on gatherings and events:
- Indoor events – Maximum of 50 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater.
- Indoor Spectator event: 50 people or 50% capacity.
- Max capacity for the Mezz – 103
- Max capacity in the Foyer – 89
- Max capacity for Spectators – 238 per side for a total of 476 max.
Total – 526, Covid 50% – 263
- Concession will remain open
Any and all Advertising will state that the camp/event will run in accordance with PHO, ViaSport, and the District of Vanderhoof Requirements regarding Covid is to follow the Safety plan that was reviewed and approved by Northern Health and Work Safe BC.
These orders ONLY apply until Sept 13th.
After the 13th, there will be an update when new Northern Health Orders are given.