I Want To


Bylaw Concern Building Permit Application DOV Employment Application Business License Application Sign Permit and Application Grant Writer Assistance Form


Community Bus Schedule Community Notices Events Calendar Solid Waste Collection Fees & Schedule Financial Reports


Home Owner Grant Community Groups & Services Vanderhoof Community Forest Mayor & Council Annual Events Visitor Centre & Historic Park


DOV Staff Municipal Office Fire Department Building Inspector Vanderhoof YMCA

Business ResourcesBusiness Licenses

If you are conducting business within the District of Vanderhoof, you require a business license. This includes businesses that are:

  • Not-for-profit
  • Home-based
  • Based out of district, however, conducting business within district
  • Commercial or industrial in nature
  • Providing any professional, personal or other services for the purpose of gain or profit
  • Temporary

Starting a business is exciting, however, can be cumbersome. We are pleased to provide a link to BizPal, an online business permitting and licensing service created through a partnership between the Government of Canada, Province of British Columbia and local governments. Simply answer a few questions about the nature and scope of your business and the online system will provide you with a customized list of potential permits and licenses you may require to operate, along with downloadable forms to fill-out and submit for permitting and license applications.

Download a Business License Application
Business License Bylaw
Launch the BizPal Application

Items to Note:

  • Business License application and fees are to be submitted to the District of Vanderhoof and the Business License issued, prior to the start of business operation.
  • The licensing year is May 1 – April 30, but fees are prorated when starting a business after October 31st.
  • The business location is inspected by various inspectors, (ie. Building, Fire and/or Health), depending on the type of business, to ensure the location complies with the safety codes.
  • When the business has met all the regulations (i.e. Bylaws, Building, Fire and/or Health, etc.) the Business License will be issued and mailed.


If you are wanting to have a sign for your business that is located either on your building or on the street, you need to abide by the Signage Bylaw, and submit an application to the District of Vanderhoof.

Download the Sign Permit Bylaw and Application

New to Vanderhoof?Get Plugged Into
the Community

Check out all the great recreational opportunities Vanderhoof has to offer or join one of Vanderhoof’s many clubs and organizations

Get Started