If you have a commercial property and are planning to build, renovate, or demolish dwellings on your property, you will require a building permit from the District prior to commencement. Upon receiving your building permit application, staff will review your application and advise you on next steps to receiving your permit.
Permits are required for:
- New residential construction (including single-family, duplex and seasonal dwellings – does not include pre-manufactured homes or apartments)
- Pre-manufactured homes (mobiles, modular)
- Residential accessory buildings (shops, garages, storage structures)
- Wood burning appliances (wood stoves and furnaces, pellet stoves and furnaces, new chimney installations)
- Installation of new signage on your building or on the street